Non personally identifiable Information
VideosHub may also collect or receive additional non-personally identifiable usage information specifically related to the use of a particular feature or offering on the Web Site, and responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on the Web Site.
VideosHub may also collect or receive (in some cases as part of the internet communication protocol) certain non-personally identifiable technical information, when the Web Site and pages are visited or when a VideosHub client is used.
How is the information being used?
Local Shared Object (Flash Cookie)
We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Our advertisers and third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please click here. If you disable Flash cookies, you won't have access to many features that make your guest experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. Click here to cancel an existing account.
Third Party Advertising
Last updated: April 22, 2013.
VideosHub has implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect and safeguard the personally identifiable information under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our personnel that have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personally identifiable information, are obligated to respect the confidentiality of the information.
Special Note for Parents
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, VideosHub does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Web Site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our Web Site is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Web Site at any time or in any manner. If VideosHub learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Web Site without verified parental consent, then VideosHub will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Modification and Deletion of Personally Identifiable Information
Deletion (Opt-Out). In order to delete the personally identifiable information you submitted, notify us at support@VideosHub.com that you wish to delete your personally identifiable information or any part thereof contained at our databases. Modification. If you wish to modify or update your personally identifiable information, use the Web Site or application interface. If you need help, please contact us at support@VideosHub.com
The Web Site is hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Web Site from a jurisdiction with privacy laws or regulations that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Web Site, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
Last updated: October 3, 2012.
You want to upload some videos? We love that! After all, uploading short flicks to Web Site is one of the five greatest things you can do in the world. First, there are some rules to follow. We know, you hate rules, but they exist to keep Web Site from devolving into chaos and becoming another business horror story. So here you go (take notes, we'll be testing you later):
- No cloning allowed. No, we're not talking about producing identical sheep in the lab - that's cool. We're talking about duplicating videos that already exist on the site. We HATE duplicates, because repetition repetition sucks sucks. So before you upload a video to Web Site, please conduct a search to see if it already exists here.
- Ten is enough. No, we're not talking about that cheesy TV show from the Seventies. We're talking about the length of your video: keep it under 10 minutes. Anything longer than that will be removed automatically by our system.
- Keep your pants on. We're not prudes here, but we want Web Site to serve as wide a community as possible. This means we will not allow sexually explicit videos on the site. Those are simply 2H4M (Too Hot For VideosHub).
- What about partial nudity or implied sexuality? We're not afraid of the odd 'wardrobe malfunction' but it's better to practice safe sex and put an 18+ filter on it.
- Filter that violence. Please remember that Web Site is all about entertainment and entertainment should not come at the expense of others. So if your video contains violence, please stick the appropriate filter on it:
- 18+: For real-world violence including physical attacks; for injuries, gruesome scenes, or explicit language.
- VideosHub will reject videos which portray illegal acts of violence or videos that show or imply human fatalities however newsworthy such footage may seem in context.
- Dress for success. Package your videos with killer titles, descriptions, thumbnails, and tags to attract viewers. But, please, be accurate, or we'll tell all the people you deceived exactly where you sleep.
- Irresistible Titles: What's in a name? Everything. Boring titles = no views, so give your video a title no one can resist.
- Teaser Descriptions: Don't you hate it when someone tells you the surprise ending of a movie before you've seen it? ("Dude, did you hear that Darth Vader is Luke's dad?") So go ahead and describe the contents of your video in vivid detail, but don't give away the punch line.
- Eye-Catching Thumbnails: Pick an image from your video that accurately represents its contents and grabs attention. But if it's something gross, don't show it - we like to eat while browsing the site.
- Tag Away: Use as many tags as you want to describe your video. That helps people find it in a search.
- Pick a channel. If your video fits more than one channel, choose one that applies most. Still can't decide? Take a coin, assign one channel to heads, one channel to tails, then flip it. Later, see a counselor about how you let coins shape your life.
Last updated: October 3, 2012
VideosHub House Rules
We built VideosHub to be a creative community buzzing with energy. (We love a great buzz.) So we've established a few house rules to keep it going:
- Helpful Criticism: Want better videos? Then provide suggestions instead of smack! Good advice goes a long way in building a better Web Site. And if you think you can do better, don't just say it - SHOW IT with your own video.
- Save The Creativity For The Videos: Don't try to sneak onto top lists by manipulating the results. For example, posting lots of comments on your own video to get onto the "Most Discussed" list won't get you anywhere. (We've got trained dogs to sniff out cheats.)
- Keep It Clean: There are 1,000,000 words in the English language alone, including some cool ones like "nubile," "psychedelic," and "obfuscation." Flaunt your language skills here, and leave the profanity and other garbage talk at home.
- No Haters: Our community has zero tolerance for intolerance, so no defamatory, racist, sexist or homophobic talk. This includes threats of violence or sexual assault against other site users or people appearing in videos. Offenders will be banned forever from Web Site.
We hate playing cops - it takes time away from watching videos and building a killer site - so we hope this little statement does the job of keeping the VideosHub buzz going and growing.
Last updated: October 3, 2012